StormNexus

A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
It is currently Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Your Opinion for SN
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:49 am 
Pink Penguin

If Kashtilum realm is to much to ask, could we have our clan area back? if its to big in size then our company area is ok too!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm 
Ascension Admin: Penguin Diety

You will have your answer Seddie, soon enough!

*mysterious music* :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 pm 
Ninja Penguin

just read the update warning ...

not personally happy with more resource gathering, kartarious gems, realm gems, runes, gems to upgrade to rune, different materials of all sorts to gather, purify, make into basic components to make into items, and now building supplies?

just seems with all of this the server is less rp more make stuff.

it bothers me as a long time fantasy fan, in the sense that when did Conan, Fafnir, Elric, The Fellowship, Harry Potter, for example, have to go hit the mines to make the majority of their adventuring gear or personally gather the material to build their keep?

i am aware people voted for the trade skill system but from watching in game it appears only one group was into it and they were making stuff for sale, and recently havent seen them at all.

personally i am ignoring the trade skill system but i do feel bad in a way because of the work involved in it and it does nothing for me in terms of my enjoying the game.

i am currently looking for the source code for a server i used to play on, that died from admin wars, but it had some interesting ideas that might find a home here. more on that when i get some email replies from people.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 pm 
Head Admin: Ultimate Penguin Diety

By all means, if you have some way to improve our plan, please let us know. The idea for realm contruction is still being refined, but the need for supplies and craftsmen seems logical. I know our favorite movies never really show it much, but you know it has to happen. Castles don't just appear. They have to be build.

I do recall many movies were they show some of that support. How many times have you seen the heros riding through a town and craftsmen are repairing armor, making swords, selling leather goods or food?

It might not seem heroic or glorious, but we already do it. I can recall grinding for gems to craft my gear. I'm sure many of you do too. But just so you know, getting supplies doesn't just have to be grinding. It will likely invovle quests. There is also the potential of keep warfare, and PvP to get supplies. so there can be something for everyone. More to follow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 pm 
Pink Penguin

AT_Pyxis wrote:
You will have your answer Seddie, soon enough!

*mysterious music* :twisted:

haha,, ill be waiting then!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:13 am 
Ninja Penguin

So yeah, I noticed that quests give like...1000-2000 EXP, it's way more easy to die and lose what you just got, then to gain it back, what if the higher level the quest is, the more EXP you get for it?

I mean, I think the Katarious Ice Queen one for the Sand Sailor gives 1000 EXP, and the Ugo queen gives 2000, but if you die it's at least 10199 EXP from dying earlier, isn't that a little insane? (I added it all up from original death which was 1699 with 8500 which was the penalty for respawning), making new and much much harder/easier quests with a lot of EXP rewards would be great in my opinion. .Because at the moment it's more easy to lose everything ya worked for, and harder to get it back when leveling up by yourself. .